Thursday, July 23, 2009

Creating an "Artist Profile"

Today I had the experience of answering some relatively simple questions about myself, but it got me to thinking. . .

See, I've got some paintings entered into the Creative Arts Guild Fall Festival (in Dalton, GA) this September. This year, they have decided to publish little profiles of the artists, so they asked for some information (via email, thank goodness!) Educational background -- easy enough. Additional education -- easy enough. Exhibits, awards, collections -- while the list of exhibits isn't shabby, I realize while writing this out that I need to do more! But the hardest part for me was to say, in a few words, WHY I paint.

Hmmmmmm.

The real answer is that I HAVE TO. It's just a part of me. And if I don't do it, not only do I feel as if part of me isn't alive, but that I am also committing some kind of crime against nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment